[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:51:15 UTC 2008

> If you have a valid 720x576 interlaced modeline working with trunk,
> try the 'Interlaced (HW 2x)' opengl deinterlacer. It may give you some
> good results (it works well for me over DVI to my LCD tv, also tested
> on my PS3 over scart to a CRT display).
> Alternatively, if your graphics card/driver combination can't cope,
> wait a few days. I should have a software/CPU based version ready
> tomorrowish.

I think I am having the same problem with jerky playback and obvious
problems when viewing horizontal scrolling text.  If I pause then play
it seems to fix itself for a bit but its still not perfect.

Can anyone tell me the ticket number of the original bug report as
rejection - it seems a bit odd that a bug several people seem to
experience isn't going to be fixed?

Is there some instructions somewhere on what I need to do to fix this?
I am using the prepackaged auto-build of SVN available at
mythbuntu.org

TIA