[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Tue Jan 22 18:43:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 12:05 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> As someone pointed out you can use the xfs kernel module from CentOS
> Extras. What I found out (unfortunately) was that you _do_ have to go
> to CentOS Plus if you want jfs support. As I already have 300GB of
> recordings on a jfs partition I was forced to go this path. Then when
> I tried to install the kernel from CentOS Plus I got an error saying
> that there was already a newer version of the kernel installed (from
> the default installation) so I gave up. It's a big shame that jfs is
> only in CentOS Plus as I'm now going to have to somehow convert the
> jfs partition to ext3 or xfs without losing 300GB of recordings -
> bummer!

You can always bypass yum and download the Plus kernel RPM directly from the
mirror and use RPM to install it.... I had to do that on my laptop when the
updated kernel wouldn't connect to my MP3 player but the original one would
(I had removed the original one before I got the MP3 player).

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us