[mythtv-users] ATTN: Users of XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt grabber v0.5.50 with recent missing listings/errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:36:37 UTC 2008

On 21/01/2008, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/01/2008, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > A very recent update to the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber in CVS is affecting
> > the current 0.5.50 release version of the software.
> >
> > The update, which adds supports for natively timeshifted channel data,
> > and support for channels on Freeview which do not broadcast all day
> > (Virgin 1, UKTV History etc) is affecting how the current release
> > version of the grabber parses the list of available channels
> > (channel_ids) retrieved from the XMLTV.org supplement server. Signs of
> > the problem may include missing listings for some channels, errors
> > when running the grabber in non-quiet mode to retrieve listings or
> > configure new channels.
>

> Might this by why I've apparently got  recordings coming up on a channel
> called "BBCLO"?  (looking at the details, which are otherwise correct, this
> seems to be BBC2)

You'd need to check the XMLTV ID for that channel in MythTV. There are
no BBC channel names called "BBC*LO" configured in the grabber, so I'm
not sure where that channel name has come from. Is this from DVB-T or
a manually created channel? Can you still successfully tune to and
record from that channel?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: