[mythtv-users] TV Out quality (S-Video) on Epia M1000

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Tue Jan 22 01:39:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 11:59 +0000, Stephen Dolan wrote:
> If you're in the US, I guess you should use "720x480Noscale". There's
> some more information here:
> http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html
> Hope this helps.

It looks like unplugging the VGA before booting (leaving just the TV out
connected) may be the fix to this problem.  I tried it tonight on a
different TV and it worked great - no color distortion at all.

Since the TV I tried previously is the family TV, I'll probably have to
wait till this weekend to try it.  My gut feeling is unplugging the VGA
is sufficient to fix it on that TV too.

Thanks for the pointer!
--
Michael J. Hammel <mythtv at graphics-muse.com>