[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Razza razza30 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:20:44 UTC 2008

On 21/01/2008, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Problem with that idea is that I think that kind of information could be quite
> hard to come by, unless we have a well-placed mole within the Virgin
> organisation. I don't mean 'organisation' literally, of course.
>
> Virgin is the merger of several different cable operators: when I got my first
> one, it was called Birmingham Cable, later swallowed up by Telewest. I have no
> idea exactly which streets that covered. (I didn't live in Birmingham.) Having
> moved to Newbury, I have absolutely no idea how my current connection to NTL now
> fits into any scheme. And so on.
>
> So figuring out who gets what set of channels could be quite difficult. I doubt
> if you could even do it by postcode. It's even trickier than that, since like
> Freeview, the actual channel lineup seems to change on a day-to-day basis.
> Something called DMAX appeared on channel 197 here last week, for example.
>
> And of course you then have the different 'packages' to take account of.
>
> Mike Perkins

TBH I have not had cable for years (Nynex in about 2001), I hadn't
realised it was so misaligned.

I guess the administration/upkeep of all the different listings is
going to be non-trivial, thats of course assuming as you rightly
state, an easy way to identify regional boundaries is devised.
I guess the proposals will need to cater for some regional variation
nonetheless.