[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jan 21 21:32:31 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 20/01/2008, Razza <razza30 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am I correct in assuming this would also populate channel info within Myth
>> for DVB-S?
>
> Yes, it should cover services which can be legitimately received in
> the UK/Eire and can use listings from the grabber - analogue
> terrestrial, DVB-T, DVB-S, and Sky/Virgin over composite/S-Video using
> an IR blaster.

How are you going to manage that for Virgin? AFAIK each different part of the
old NTL/Telewest empire(s) had different lineups with different channel numbers
for the programs. I know from letters I have had from Virgin that there is a
push to consolidate the channel selections, and the channel numbering, but it
hasn't happened yet. And, given the general level of inertia and incompetancy I
get from them (hello US, we have them over here too!) I can't see much happening
  for a while yet.

Mike Perkins