[mythtv-users] Should I be able to compile in xvmc-opengl?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:08:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 2:36 AM, Fred Lapinski <fred.lapinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm compiling from SVN on fedora 7 using the latest nvidia driver set. I
> thought I should be able to compile in XvMC and all of the options.
> Regardless of what configure options I choose I can't get xvmc-opengl to
> enable. Should I even be able to do this? I have no idea what xvmc-opengl
> actually does and I can't find any information about it.
>
> Attached below is the configure output.
>
> Fred
>
> ./configure --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-opengl --enable-opengl-vsync

As far as I know, the '--enable-xvmc-opengl' switch will only work if
you are using a NVIDIA card and you have specified the proper library
(i.e. -lXvMCNVIDIA).

I think this is the relevant section of the configure script:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/configure#L2708

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com