[mythtv-users] Quick question about DB latest checkout

Hsing-Foo Wang hsingfoo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:42:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

I checked out the latest version (yesterday) of mythtv and plugins.
Everything compiles and installs just fine, but when I start
mythbackend, it is not able to upgrade the database due to an syntax
error: (I'm using latest stable now)

---
2008-01-21 19:29:50.457 DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was: CREATE TABLE upnpmedia (intid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL
default '0',class varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',itemtype
varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',parentid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL
default '0',itemproperties varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',filepath
varchar(512) NOT NULL default '',title varchar(255) NOT NULL default
'',filename varchar(512) NOT NULL default '',PRIMARY KEY  (intid),KEY
class (class),KEY filepath (filepath),KEY parentid (parentid));
Error was: Driver error was [2/1074]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Column length too big for column 'filepath' (max = 255); use BLOB or
TEXT instead
---

This means the latest mythtv version *requieres* mysql 5 or? I'm using
4.1 and need to stay at that level. I also tried to find the
'hardcoded' query but cannot find it so I could change the
varchar(512) to varchar(255). It's the same for both filpath and
filename fields.

Also 'manually' chnging the query with varchar(255) fails becuse
mythbackend will get confused about it. mythbackend requires that the
upgrade is being done by mythbackend itself, so it seems.

Bottom line, can I change the hardcoded query in the sourcecode and if
yes, where is it located? Am I way off line here? Any hints or tips?

TIA
-HF