[mythtv-users] Multi-tuner recording question.

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 15:33:04 UTC 2008

I have 2 PVR-150 tuners connected to TW cable and 1 ATI HD Wonder tuner
connected to HD antenna in my mythtv frontend / backend box. A few
nights ago, I selected to record 2 x 1-hour shows back-to-back on the
same channel. One starts from 7:00pm - 8:00pm, then the next from 8:00pm
- 9:00pm. again on the same channel. At about 7:55pm., while watching a
TV show on the second PVR-150 tuner, a transparent-black screen came up
asking if I wanted to continue watching what I was watching -or- if I
wanted to record the other show. It seemed to suggest that I could not
use the 2nd. PVR-150 card if I wanted to record the second 8:00pm show.

Now I would think that the machine would simply use the same PVR-150
card to record both shows and keep my 2nd. PVR-150 card free for me to
watch something else. So what gives? The final outcome seems that the
machine DID use the same PVR-150 card to record both shows however, I
did back out of the frontend to check things on the machine since this
behavior did not compute for me. I thought maybe something was wrong.
Everything checked out fine. So why the message? Is there a setting I
should check into to resolve this?

--
Ty Unes - UNIX / Linux Administrator
Point b Computer Services