[mythtv-users] TV Out quality (S-Video) on Epia M1000

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 12:56:01 UTC 2008

Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> Is there anything related to signal quality of the S-Video that I should
> be aware of?  Should the cable be shieled in some way from the power
> cables or something?
> If anyone has any pointers on this problem, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

I'm using the composite output on mine which is good enough for PAL TV.
As other have said use 720x576Noscale in xorg.conf and disconnect the
monitor from the VGA before booting. I can only get monochrome from the
s-video in my set-up. No idea why and it's a shame since the picture is
a bit shaper than the composite output. (It's s-video into a s-video to
scart connector)

Cheers,
Tim.