[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 20 19:12:26 UTC 2008

* On Sat Jan 19, 2008 at 11:32:48PM -0800, Bradley Bell wrote:
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > known-working config.  Running a tunerless backend is an unsupported
> > config and not guaranteed to work now or in the future.

> triggered by adding a few more slaves). What sort of issues would one
> expect to see when running a tunerless backend?

Only one I can say for certain is the issue relating to storage
on tunerless slave backends not getting included in the storage
stats, but there may be others related to the same method of
using the encoderList instead of the playbackList of connected
systems.

> Could this be causing the problem I wrote about earlier? ("Slave
> backend: xxxx no longer connected")

Not sure.  We don't test tunerless backends, that's why they're
unsupported.

--
Chris