[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Jan 20 17:56:21 UTC 2008

Bradley Bell <bradleyb at u.washington.edu> says:
> I hadn't known about this. I have been running a tunerless master
> backend for several months, and had no problems until recently
> (perhaps triggered by adding a few more slaves). What sort of issues
> would one expect to see when running a tunerless backend?

I, too, am curious. I've known about the non-supported nature of
tunerless slave backends for almost the entire two+ years I've run
MythTV, but for much of that time I've run with a tunerless slave
backend,[1] blithely ignoring the severe danger I'm putting to my home
network, the world economy, the universal level of entropy,
etc. Clearly, I live on the edge.

Said slave backend has tuners now, but not because I ever had any
stability issues whatsoever with not having any.

[1] I didn't use mythjobqueue for the reasons I cite at
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/262426#262426>.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6