[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 15:07:58 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 11:05 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> As someone pointed out you can use the xfs kernel module from CentOS
> Extras. What I found out (unfortunately) was that you _do_ have to go
> to CentOS Plus if you want jfs support. As I already have 300GB of
> recordings on a jfs partition I was forced to go this path. Then when
> I tried to install the kernel from CentOS Plus I got an error saying
> that there was already a newer version of the kernel installed (from
> the default installation) so I gave up. It's a big shame that jfs is
> only in CentOS Plus as I'm now going to have to somehow convert the
> jfs partition to ext3 or xfs without losing 300GB of recordings -
> bummer!

Are you sure?  I just looked in
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.1/os/i386/CentOS/ and found
kernel-2.6.18-53.el5.i686.rpm listed whereas in centosplus
(http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.1/centosplus/i386/RPMS/), I found
kernel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5.centos.plus.i686.rpm, which looks to me to be
newer (and has a newer build date, too).  Could you be using other
repositories that you got a newer kernel from already, or that are
reporting an older centosplus kernel?

Craig.