[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 06:02:03 UTC 2008

OK, I got the new video card in there today, a GeForce 6200, installed it and got slightly better. I think that I am still using the Nvidia 9755 drivers, Do I need to upgrade my drivers? If so can someon tell me how to do it with Mythdora 4? I tried to install the binary package that I got from Nvidia's website, but I don't have what I need to rebuild the kernel in Mythdora. Yum Maybe?

Specifically if I pause a recording that is 1080i, when I unpause the video gets choppy and will not recover. (skipping through commercials causes no problems though) Any Help would be appreciated.

One last thing, for you mythdora users, is the configuration file used by the X server located: /etc/X11/xorg.conf ? That file for me doesn't seem to have nearly enough information in it to be useable.