[mythtv-users] Nuvexport can't find my recordings!

Jacob Strandlien rodago at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:58:30 UTC 2008

Well, I've finally done it.
I've finally found an error message that returns no results on Google, and
I'm in need of help.
Basically, I'm trying to use nuvexport to transcode recordings to an
ipod-compatable format as part of the myth2iPod script.  However, I get an
error whenever I run the nuvexport command, either as part of the script or
manually in the command line.  For example, when I use following command:

     /usr/local/bin/nuvexport --chanid=2161 --start=20080119103000
--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass
--filename=2161_20080119103000.temp --path=/myth/ipodfeed/

I get the following message:

     99%
     Couldn't find a show on chanid 2161 at the specified time.

     Cleaning up temp files.

This occurs no matter what recording I try to use from no matter what
channel, and it happens if I try to call nuvexport by specifying an
input file or by specifying a time and channel. When run as part of the
myth2ipod script, the backend displays the same information:

     Starting nuvexport...
     /usr/local/bin/nuvexport --chanid=2161 --start=20080119103000
--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass
--filename=2161_20080119103000.temp --path=/myth/ipodfeed/
     OSPEED was not set, defaulting to 9600 at
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/shared_utils.pm line 61

     99%
     Couldn't find a show on chanid 2161 at the specified time.

     Cleaning up temp files.
     Nuvexport encoding seems to have failed

I've confirmed that the file does exist, and is recognized and playable by
mythtv.  No change to the command seems to cause any other result.  I'm
running Xubuntu Gutsy with the current SVN of Myth (updated today).  Has
anyone else ever run into something like this? I would appreciate any
insight into this situation!

Thanks in advance!