[mythtv-users] new video card - configure X11

Mathog David dmathog at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 19 18:33:29 UTC 2008

thoulemythtv at gleffsecurity  wrote:

> Well, I installed the driver below from ATI and
> it works well now except for high CPU usage
> during video playback.

Details please - last I read ATI did not support TV
out under linux.  If you really have S-Video out
working please supply:

1.  ATI driver version
2.  Linux distro
3.  Type of ATI card you are using

If your card supports component out and you have some
way of testing that, please let us know if that works
too.  If it does work you will get a better picture
than you will through the S-Video.  There may not be
separate component connectors on the card but if the
S-Video connector has more than 4 pins there may be an
adapter that plugs in.  For instance, like on this
card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125072

Regards,

David Mathog