[mythtv-users] Additional backend not showing in Machine information in mythweb

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sat Jan 19 13:30:45 UTC 2008

The thing is that this machine is not always going to be on. It is too much
of a power hog, and loud as hell.
http://www.aicipc.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=RSC-3ED2-2 I picked it up as a
barebones system. No drives yet, thinking of 16 250's, 320's, or 500's, if I
can afford it. Obviously not all at once lol.

My plan is to archive older shows to it for storage until such time as it
has been watched by everyone who might be interested in it. My fiancée will
soon be here and I have some new shows that she might be interested in
taking up space. I also have a friend who comes over on occasion who likes
some of the shows to but never watches TV at home, with the exception of
sporting events. So far I have several of my favorite new shows on the
master backend taking up about 70% of my total storeage. I have a single pvr
350 in the slave/frontend for watching live TV without streaming. Most of
the HDD in that machine is media for mythvideo or mythmusic.

I'm thinking of making a script to copy the media to the storage folder on
the archive system and automatically updating the database as to the new
location. Not sure how hard it will be yet.