[mythtv-users] Script to restart backend after crash?

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 15:36:58 UTC 2008

Piers Kittel wrote:

> Does anyone have a script that automatically restarts the backend or
> should I be fixing something else first?
>
> Thanks very much for your time in advance!

You should probably be fixing something else first...but since you want the
WAF up quickly, here's what I use to restart gaming servers.  I run it as a
screen process as well so it seems like it's right up your alley.

=======================================
#!/bin/bash

while [ 1 ]; do
    /usr/local/bin/etded +set vm_game 0 +set net_port 27960 +set
com_hunkmegs 64 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set fs_basepath
/usr/local/games/enemy-territory +set fs_game etf +set fs_homepath 27960
+set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec etfconfig.cfg

         rm -f core
         sleep 1
Done

Just replace the line that starts with /usr/local/bin/etded to whatever your
mythbackend startup line is.

Brian