[mythtv-users] Allowed ubuntu to update, now watching TV on /dev/video0 is broken

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 13:05:46 UTC 2008

I suspect something sql related, but I am an sql moron. Running the latest
stable release of Myth.

So I let the update manager do its thing. Watching TV on the primary tuner,
a PVR150 attached to my cable box, is now broken. Oh, I can see the video
OK, but when I go to change channels I get a generic info pop-up, the video
glitches for second and no tune command is sent to the cable box. The info
box does not show any channel info. Meanwhile the secondary tuner on direct
cable works fine.

I ran mythfilldatabase and restarted--no joy. In a fit of frustration I even
ran svn update (backed up the db first before letting the schema update) to
the latest and still no joy.

Any assistance would be most appreciated on this one.

Thanks,

Scott