[mythtv-users] Issues with Antec Fusion 430, Hauppauge-WinTV-PVR-150 w/ remote and Mythbuntu 7.10

G L glafranceweb at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 07:25:35 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

 I'm trying to setup a Mythbuntu 7.10 computer with the following hardware:
-Antec Fusion 430
-Biostar TF7050-M2 motherboard
-Hauppauge-WinTV-PVR-150 card (comes with a remote control)
-Wireless LAN card, 2GB ram, 500GB harddrive

 My two main problems right now are:

1. Getting the remote that came with my PVR-150 to work with the IR receiver built in the VFD screen.
2. Getting the VFD screen to show things

 (Eventually I want to get the volume knob to work but that's low priority).

 First, about the remote.

 With irrecord, I can make little . dots appear when I press on buttons on the remote. With mode2 I can get it to show things like "code: 0x800f041e" when I press on buttons on the remote. I cannot make irw react though, it's like I'm not doing anything.

 In Mythbuntu Control Centre -> Remote Control,  I have 'Hauppauge TV card' selected.

  When I load MythTV, it doesn't react at all to keypresses on the remote control.

Now, about the VFD screen.

 First problem, I think there's a permission issue with /dev/lcd0. If I try to do "echo Hello > /dev/lcd0", I get Permission Denied. If I 'chmod 666' it, then when I echo "Hello", it shows "Hello" on the VFD. If I reboot, I'll have to 'chmod 666' it again.

 Whatever I echo to the VFD stays there forever until I turn off the power supply switch at the back of the computer.

 In MythTV, I have enabled the LCD, but nothing ever appears on it.

 Any ideas  what I could do next?

 Thanks in advance for any help!

Guillaume Lafrance