[mythtv-users] Setting up mythtv on debian etch

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Fri Jan 18 05:20:30 UTC 2008

Regarding this part of your log:
2008-01-17 18:31:07.566 DB Error (Fixing program ids in recorded):
Query was:
UPDATE recorded SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
'00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3)) WHERE length(programid) = 12
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mysql.recorded' doesn't exist

It seems odd that the database name is mysql. I think it should be
mythconverg.

I don't know if you're using debian etch for anything else. If not, and
you just installed it for mythtv, you might want to start from scratch
and reinstall the O/S. Only this time, use mythbuntu instead of debian.
I went through a couple of debian etch installs on my mythtv box before
I switched (I needed a newer kernel for my SATA DVD burner). Mythbuntu
control centre automagically took care of a lot of the nitty gritty
details I had to do on debian etch. And it's not like I'm a novice. I've
been a *nix developer for 20+ years, I've used a couple of different
Linux distros for my personal web server and am quite happy with debian
etch as a web server platform. But for mythtv, I recommend mythbuntu.

FMI, goto http://www.mythbuntu.org/

HTH