[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 18 04:28:37 UTC 2008

David Segall wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> David Segall wrote:
>>> I wanted a wireless keyboard with an integrated pointing device and
>>> bought this one
>>> <http://www.adesso.us/product_details.asp?dept%5Fid=106&pf%5Fid=KA33KBWKB%2D4000>
>>> It feels a bit flimsy but it has lasted well and I like the "laptop
>>> compatible" touch pad. I confess I covet the DiNovo Edge
>>> <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717>
>>> for its looks but it is a ridiculous price and I have not tried it.
>> The DiNovo Edge is ridiculously priced. But there is a cheaper version,
>> just 'Logitech DiNovo'. Not quite as small, or slim, uses AA batteries
>> but works the same way.
> I couldn't find a keyboard similar to the one you describe on the
> Logitech site but I did find the "DiNovo Mini"
> <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en>
> which is obviously intended as _the_ MythTV keyboard and remote.

The one I bought (two of) is this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/164&cl=us,en

My wife is using the small numeric keypad as a calculator.

And I got my first one for 129 Canadian IIRC and the second one with a
Staples super-special rebate of $100, for a nice $29.95...Last one in
the greater Toronto area, which explained the rebate, and I was unable
to grab any more of them..

Geoff