[mythtv-users] new video card - configure X11

Todd Mythtv thoulemythtv at gleffsecurity.com
Thu Jan 17 22:31:10 UTC 2008

Hi -
   I got a new video card and have little X Windows experience.  I'm
using the S-video out port to my SDTV.  It looks good until x windows
loads- then it looks like the horizontal/vertical sync is out.  It's
not moving, it just 'misaligned' so it is completely illegible.

I'm not sure if the problem is with X windows mis configured, or if I
need to add something for this video card to work.  I expect the
former as the video card does work for the bios and boot process.

Any suggestions appreciated.