[mythtv-users] I don't make mythfilldatabase but setup was saved?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:13:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 4:40 PM, Jan Buchal <buchal at brailcom.org> wrote:

>     DB> On Jan 17, 2008 2:28 PM, Jan Buchal <buchal at brailcom.org> wrote:
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I tried different settings with mythtv-setup but after finishing
>     >> I don't make mythfilldatabase. I hoped that I will have my
>     >> original setup in mysql because I saved nothing. If I start and
>     >> then again stopped mythtv-setup and then again started
>     >> backend-setup there are still news settings not my first from
>     >> mysql. Is it possible that mythtv it self saved my setting tests
>     >> into database?
>     >>
>     >> Can I make some clean?
>     >>
>     >> Thanks very much
>     >>

> mythtv-setup saves it's settings to the database immediately after you
>     DB> complete the multipage setup screen(s). mythfilldatabase is not
>     DB> related to storing settings, it is used to store program
>     DB> schedule information to the database.
>
>     DB> Hope this helps explain the behavior you're seeing.
>
> OK, thanks. And exists a backup of older settings? And is it possible
> make a cleanup all settings?

MythTV doesn't keep backups of settings. The best thing to do would be
to backup your database manually on a regular schedule to avoid the
situation you're in.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cleanup all settings". If you are just
getting started with MythTV you can certainly drop the database and
start fresh. To my knowledge there is no ability revert to default
settings for the backend.