[mythtv-users] 2 second delay on video (and is there a way to get rid of it?)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jan 17 19:58:11 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:52 AM, James Paige wrote:

> *laugh* unfortunately hooking my antennae right to the TV will defeat
> the purpose of what I am trying to do :)
>
> Is it really definitively impossible to make mythtv display with a
> delay
> smaller than one second? (maybe I should be asking this on the -dev
> list?)

It should be on the dev list when you have a patch that decreased the
latency. This has been discussed over and over and over again. Many
people have said, "Of course we can make this time much shorter." Then
they look at the code, see what's being done and we never hear from
them again. Feel free to give it a shot, though. :)