[mythtv-users] * Please help -- can't schedule recordings (but can record with R, can view guide)

dataclue dataclue at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 18:15:47 UTC 2008

> > Please help. Cannot get anything scheduled from
the
> > program guide although recording the current
program
> > works from within live TV and shows correct
program
> > information. There are no error messages displayed
> > but
> > it always says "not recording" and "preview of
> > schedule changes" alawys says: "no changes will be
> > made". Also, it appears that schedulign the show
> > does
> > something -- I can run "mythbackend --testsched"
and
> > get output of my attempted schedules. But
> > "mythbackend
> > -- printsched" doesn't do anything.

> Maybe it's a permissions issue with your recordings
> directory.

David, thank you for your suggestion. I suppose it's
possible, but I'm running both mythbackend &
mythfrontned as root, and also it is possible record
using "R" just fine, it's only the scheduling that
doesn't work. Do scheduled recordings and recordings
initiated from live TV use different directories or
permissions? are there processes that are spawned
under different UIDs than 'root' that may have
permission problems?