[mythtv-users] 0.21

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 17 02:51:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:31:14AM +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Matt Emmott wrote:
> > Off topic noob question, please don't kill me - One reason I've stayed
> > away from SVN is my lack of expertise with compiling from source. Are
> > there ways to install from SVN via Yum? Again, sorry for the OT
> > question and diverting this thread but I've often wondered if this was
> > possible.
>
> The mythbuntu weekly repository has the latest with multirec. Its tested
> out ok for me so far.
>
>   http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

A *slightly* expanded version of which is "there are some people who
regularly pull SVN trunk and build and package it."  This idea is -- as
you can infer from Brad's posting, not widely thought well of: SVN
implies "if it breaks you get to keep both pieces" and packaged
installation implies "this is reasonably stable, supported code";
they're pretty much opposites.

So just understand that if you *do* have problems, you might be in deep
water.  I wrote this up on the wiki; I think it's still called "Alpha
Test".

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA