[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR 1300

Marco de Booy marco.maillist at debooy.eu
Wed Jan 16 18:21:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have been busy for the past couple of weeks with MythTV. I have the
following hardware configuration:

    * Jetway J7F2WE1G5D motherboard
    * 1Gb memory
    * Seagate 500Gb 7200rpm 16mb,SATA2
    * ND-7540A NEC DVD RW
    * Hauppauge HVR 1300

I tried a cat /dev/videox > file.mpg. 0 and 1 gave an outtput. 0 more
than 1. The others gave no output. The output 0 and 1 were not playable.
When I configured MythTV to treat my card as an analog 4vl I could
record. The file was a NUV file. Playing it crashed my system. When I
configured MythTV to treat my card as a Hauppauge with MPEG decoding the
recording was an MPG file with the size 0.
More information can be found at
http://home.scarlet.be/mdebooy/Linux/mythtv.html.

Can somebody give me advice how I can get it running? I find clues on
the internet that it should work but I can not get the exact
information. What is the best distribution for a VIA CN700 processor?
What is the best setting for a Hauppauge HVR 1300 card?

Regards,

Marco