[mythtv-users] ir blaster/sa2200 digits sent twice

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:29:51 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 5:06 AM, Cliff Pankonien <cliff at ccpip.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have a working myth setup with multiple frontends, 1 backend. i am now
> trying to control a scientific atlanta explorer 2200 w/ ir blaster. when
> i change a channel either from the command line or from a frontend, it's
> hit-or-miss. sometimes it works ok (not very often)...usually it sends
> each digit twice, so if i send 123, the cable box receives 112233 (but
> if i send only one digit, it seems to get sent only once.) i've tried
> codes that supposedly work from the various sites, they don't work at
> all, so the codes i'm using in lircd.conf are from irrecord, using the
> comcast remote. i've done irrecord a few times and the codes match each
> other every time, so they seem to be accurate. i've tried adjusting the
> time delay between digits in change_ch.sh then restarting lirc (not sure
> if that's necessary), doesn't seem to make much difference. i've tried
> both change_ch.sh and change_chan.pl and don't see anything in there
> that can be adjusted. any ideas? incidentally i'm using a hauppage 150
> w/mce remote (black remote, usb receiver/blaster)
>
> thanks!
>
> cliff

You need to modify your lircrc file.  For any keys with this problem, you
need to set repeat to zero.

Here is the info from lirc.org:
repeattells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value of
zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other positive value 'n'
tells the program to pass the config string every 'n'-th time to the
according application, when a key is repeated. The default for repeat is
zero.Here is what this section of my lircrc file look like:

# Numbers 0-9

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 0