[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Wed Jan 16 10:43:58 UTC 2008

Peter A. Daly wrote:
> I'd consider a HD-5500 from http://www.pchdtv.com/.
>
> Although I have not used one (I'd like to), it seems it's a
> combination analog and digital (HD) tuner...which will outlast the
> digital cut-over while still being able to receive an analog signal
> today.
>
> >From everything I've heard, the company and products have a good reputation.
>
> -Pete
> MythPVR.com
Hey all,

I want to thank you all for the input on this.  Could you let me know if
I've missed anything or made any mistakes?

Antec Fusion 430
Asus P5B-MX
(1) Hauppauge PVR-500
(1) PCHDTV HD-5500
(1) Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
4 GB PC2 5300 (too much?)
20X DVD+/-R
(2) 750 GB SATA drives
Microsoft MCE Remote

I think I'm going to make the leap and buy this all this weekend so if
there's anything you think I should consider?  What about a
keyboard/mouse?  Is that typically needed or do you guys just SSH into
your MythTV boxes?

Thanks, guys.  You have no idea how much I appreciate this.

Michael