[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:43:33 UTC 2008

> Now, I already have 500gb in this machine, and I am not going to spend
> any more money on it.  The problem is, there's no good feedback in the
> MythTV UI that you're getting low on disk space.  Is there anything we
> can do about that?  I think we need to make this a lot more prominent.
>  We need to smack some people on the face with this stuff.  It's very
> easy to forget that you're running low, and then when things stop
> working because she (I mean we) went over the threshold I'm left
> having to pick up the pieces.

i think the reason there's nothing prominent in the ui is because most
(?) of us run our myth systems at basically 100% disk usage all the
time.  that's what the auto-expire settings are for.  if you really
want to keep something just turn off the auto-expire flag.  that's
what we do and it works pretty well!