[mythtv-users] PS3 front-end with UPnP

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:56:40 UTC 2008

> I've heard that the latest PS3 software (2.10 I think) broke something
> in the DLNA code (the portion of UPnP which allows you to use PS3 as a
> frontend for MythTV). I don't have a PS3 (yet) so I can't test it. I
> believe the problem was that the latest software can't stream videos
> from a DLNA backend.
>
> Would be great if you could test it and see how it works.

It works.  I watched a video from a mythtv media server with a PS3
frontend (haven't tried mpeg2 recorded programs) .  It doesn't
recognize all codecs, vidx, for instance.  I haven't got to do much
with it, but the big issue that I noticed was how long it took to
discover the mythtv media server.  The "search for media server"
didn't seem to work, it just took time and it eventually discovered
the server.