[mythtv-users] PS3 front-end with UPnP

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jan 15 23:54:39 UTC 2008

David Durham, Jr. wrote:

> Honestly, I don't really need a PS3 frontend, but I'm
> happy to see devices on my network automagically finding my MythTV
> media server.  Gives me a good feeling.

If the whole DLNA thing just works fine, it would be great to use the
PS3 as a frontend, and just keep mythbackend on a server in the garage
somewhere. It's much easier to run mythbackend on an existing system,
than building a dedicated machine that can run mythfrontend and is
connected to an HD screen.

A cheap old PC in a closet running mythbackend, a network-based tuner
such as the HDHomeRun, and a nifty frontend such as the PS3 - sounds
like the ideal combination to me.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/