[mythtv-users] Can myth DVD output 7.1 audio?

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue Jan 15 22:32:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:28:45PM -0500, Josh White wrote:
> "5.1 channel through analog?"
>
> you can output as many channels through analog as you want, so long as you
> have enough ports.  5.1 channels via analog would require 6 RCA cables.

Allow me to clarify.  I was curious (in an e-mail earlier in this
thread) about *setups* that would use this analog feature.  Yes, you can
have 8 RCA cables for 7.1, but presumably, since we are talking about
Myth, this requires a sound card.  What sound card would support such a
setup?  I've never seen a sound card like that.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org