[mythtv-users] External channel change command delay

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:13:57 UTC 2008

After messing with trying to get my digital cable to work with
firewire for a week, I decided as a temporary solution to use the
transceiver I just received in the mail from iguana works  ( Shameless
plug here, because I was really impressed with the quality of what I
got: http://iguanaworks.net/product2.psp   It's almost embarrassing
how much better/more sensitive the receivers work than the one I
soldered myself from directions).  It worked flawlessly as advertised
to plug my SA4250 in the SVideo feed and grab the AT8400 config file
from LIRC and start blasting away.  Now I'm trying to convince myself
that it's worth persuing the firewire route to get the full digital
sound and not give up a capture card, but the little voice telling me
to just buy another PVR150 is starting to win that battle.

Anyway, back to the subject, is there anyway to easily configure
mythtv to send the channel change command earlier?  This STB has an
annoying "informational" OSD that I haven't figured out a way to turn
off completely, so it'd be nice to turn the channel and not start
recording until the OSD has faded.  Based on the log messages, it
looks like I could just put a pause in my script and set a global
pre-record setting to account for it, but I didn't know if there was a
more slick way to do it.

Thanks,

Ryan