[mythtv-users] Remote control not working in MythWelcome after hibernate

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:58:46 UTC 2008

2008/1/15, MPR List <mpr.list at googlemail.com>:
> On 1/6/08, MPR List <mpr.list at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hello MythTV-users!
> >
> > As stated in the topic, the remote control for my Hauppauge Nova-T 500 DVB-T
> > card is not working in MythWelcome after resume from hibernate.
> > I am using ACPI wakeup and as my system will not wake up from a complete power
> > off, I hibernate the system instead. Waking up for scheduled recordings works
> > fine, as well as going back to S4 sleep state after the desired period of
> > idleness.
> >
> > The remote control used to be adressed as /dev/input/eventX where the X would
> > vary after hibernation, thus causing it to be non functional (except the
> > arrow keys, which by the way do work in MythWelcome too) in the frontend.
> > I have solved this problem by creating a udev link called /dev/input/remote
> > and pointing the /etc/lirc/hardware.conf to the link instead of the eventX.
> >
> > When I power on the Myth box, MythWelcome will instantly start the countdown
> > to shut down again and pressing the OK button on the remote to start the
> > frontend doesn't do a thing. I will have to press space or return on the
> > keyboard (which I ultimately want to get rid off when the HTPC will move to
> > the living room). Also the menu button on the remote will not bring up the
> > menu. If I open it with M on the keyboard, the arrow keys on the remote will
> > let me select the menu options though... In the frontend, the remote always
> > works after hibernation.
> >
> > I think you get the point...
> >

> > I already changed the focus settings of XFCE, that did not help.
> > If I launch irw in a ssh session while the MythBox is in MythWelcome, I can
> > see every keypress.
> >

> > The facts that the arrow keys always work and ALL keys work after a cold
> > boot/reboot make me assume that MythWelcome is addressing the remote control
> > as /dev/input/eventX where the X only matches the remote before the system
> > got hibernated the first time.
> > Still, the only config file I found that mentions the remote as a device
> > is /etc/lirc/hardware.conf.
> >

> > Now some info on my system:
> >
> > Asus P4B266-LM mainboard with a P4 1.8 GHz and 664 MB RAM
> > GeForce 6200 256 MB NVidia Driver 100.14.11
> > Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (set up as described in and config files for the remote
> > from  the wiki)
> > MythBuntu 7.10, MythTV 0.20.2
> >
> > Rock on,
> > Jan
> >
> > PS: This is my first post on a mailing list ever, be gentle... ;)
> >

> Pardon me to bump my own message...
>
> But the issue has become even more severe now that I have moved the
> HTPC interiors to an Antec Fusion V2 case, which is located in the TV
> rack.
> After a cold boot the remote works in MythWelcome, but once hibernated
> and woken up again, I need to start a VNC session on my laptop just to
> press "Start Frontend". In the frontend the remote will work just
> fine, like before...

> [...]

Hi,

I have Antec Fusion Black with probably same built-in IR reciever. it
is using lirc_imon and I am using it with Hauppauge MCE remote which I
got together with PVR500.

After suspend, IR receiver does not work at all for me. The only way
to get it work was to restart/reload lirc and lirc modules. The
problem ist that I also have to restart mythfrontend/mythwelcome,
because mythfrontend does not react on lirc after it was restarted.