[mythtv-users] Playback problems No XVMC with fx5200, with current nvidia drivers

kim Gross kgross at jensalt.com
Tue Jan 15 05:38:38 UTC 2008

> [snip]
>
> [from your xorg.conf]
>
>> Section "Device"
>>     Identifier     "Videocard0"
>>     Driver         "nvidia"
>>     VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
>>     BoardName      "GeForce FX 5200"
>> EndSection
>>

> Try adding to this section the following lines after BoardName:
>
> Option "RenderAccel" "true"
> Option "NVAGP" "1"
> Option "UseEvents" "True"
> Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
>
> Also, I'm not sure what all the Xinerama lines may be doing. Since it
> appears you're only using a single monitor, you don't need Xinerama to
> manage dual displays. Chances are this isn't doing anything bad, but
> if the above lines don't work it's something to look into. Try adding
> the lines above and see if it runs. If not, maybe can look at another
> tool for generating xorg.conf instead of nvidia-settings.

Well I added those lines and still no xvmc.  I actually did a complete
reinstall of the system just to make sure I did not have anything else
screwed up.  Installed the current nvidia drivers from nvidia just to be
safe.  Everything else is from atrpms.

I will see what I can do to find another xorg.conf that would work for me.

Thanks

Kim