[mythtv-users] Anyone know anything about AVIVO?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Tue Jan 15 03:28:21 UTC 2008

Apparently, ATI is trying desperately to catch up with
nvidia's PureVideo, and has unveiled something called
AVIVO.  Unlike PureVideo, though, AVIVO might be
supported under Linux.  I haven't been able to find
out much about AVIVO, though.  I can't figure out what
graphics cards to look for that would work well with
AVIVO.  Hopefully, I could get something for AGP
similar in price to a 256K geforce 6200.  Anyway, all
that would depend on AVIVO getting real Linux support,
such as by xine or mplayer.