[mythtv-users] Playback problems No XVMC with fx5200, with current nvidia drivers

kim Gross kgross at jensalt.com
Tue Jan 15 00:23:59 UTC 2008

I'm not sure what is going on, but I can't seem to get xvmc working.  I
have the current nvidia binary drivers installed, and as far as I can
tell they are working.  The Nvidia settings program works says that the
drivers are working since I can view and change settings.  Before when
the drivers were not loading properly nvidia settings would say the
drivers were not loaded.

My system is a socket 754, that I just upgraded to an athlon 64 3200
hopeing to get hd playback working correctly, with 512 megs ram the
fx5200 card a small local hd to boot and load myth from and not much
else.  The output is via a DVI to hdmi cable connecting to a 720p LCD
display.

Here is a copy of the frontend output, and my xorg settings.

Thank you.