[mythtv-users] Saving off Shows

Rob Ogle rogle at css1.net
Mon Jan 14 21:18:18 UTC 2008

Yes...this "another machine" is...wait for it...Vista.

I've got a WinTV-PVR-500 MCE. When I pulled the mpeg over and they wouldn't
play, I tried using G-Spot to figure out what codecs I needed and all it
said was "not a valid avi file". Which kind threw me. I thought avi's and
mpegs were completely different. Unless of course G-Spot only detects stuff
for avi's.

...and before anyone asks...the reason I think it's an mpeg is because the
file extension is .mpg. :) Just thought I'd cover my bases there.

If there's no way to pull them off using existing hardware, I'll try the
burner. I hadn't even thought of MythArchive. Good call.