[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Channel Names

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jan 14 14:54:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 20:31 -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I'm using SVN from some time in December but recently had to rescan
> the channels on my HDHomeRun as well as the channels on my pcHDTV-5500
> (I moved my antennae around). Anyway, when I use the pcHDTV-5500,
> everything works ok, but when I scan using the HDHomeRun, I get
> channel names like 56#0, 27#0. I'm pretty sure I used to get names
> that matched the 5500 scan like 2.1 and 11.1. Is something broken in
> HDHomeRun channel scan? Do I need to do something else like upgrade my
> firmware or put the channels in some other way? Did it always work
> this way and I just don't remember changing all the names manually?

The "#" is used when the stream does not contain channel numbers in
the tuning tables. Otherwise the scanner uses whatever separator you
have selected. The pound sign was selected so to encourage you to
edit the channel name in the channel editor...

BTW If you get more than one or two "#" channels on an over-the-air
scan you probably need to increase the tuning timeouts in the card
configuration.

-- Daniel