[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:42:08 UTC 2008

I stated earlier in the thread that I have a Pentium 4 3.06 GHz (with Hyper threading) CPU and it has a 800 MHz FSB and 512 MB of RAM. I have never had problems decoding HDTV before upgrading to a 1080p display. I should also mention that the system has no problems whatsoever playing back 720p content (ABC & FOX) and anything else for that matter. The general consensus seems to be that I need to upgrade my video card. So I checked out Newegg (Newegg Rocks!!) bought a fanless GeForce 128 MB video card for $42 total. I promptly lined up a buyer for my Fx5200 as soon as it gets here (so the upgrade will only cost me $12). I will install the new card, update the drivers if needed and report back here with the results. -Mat