[mythtv-users] Linux and on-demand content

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:14:56 UTC 2008

Are we going to get left out in the cold when it comes to on-demand
services because we use Linux?

I'm guessing it's unlikely we're going to have usable on-demand
services on Linux/MythTV because of the whole DRM issue. I'm thinking
movies/tv programs mainly, I just can't see linux apps being allowed
to access this sort of content from providers.

Saying that I did rear the BBC plan to allow downloaded files for
linux people as part of their iPlayer service.