[mythtv-users] Automatic rescanning of existing transports?

James Cummings james+mythtv at cummingsfamily.org.uk
Sat Jan 12 21:42:42 UTC 2008

Hiya,

Is there any way to automatically rescan channels (preferrably rescan
existing transports) from the commandline?  Here in the UK there have
been a series of minor channel changes each within a week of each
other.  Each time this happens some of my recording schedules muck up.
 What I was wondering was if there was a script anyone had written
which checked if there was not any upcoming recordings or jobs in X
amount of time would rescan the channels once per day or something as
a cron job.

Anytime I rescan the channels the problem goes away, but I'm not ever
notified about the change to the channels until a recording file is
suddenly not able to be found.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-James