[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:58:49 UTC 2008

I have something similar...

     AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+, GeForce FX 5200

My TV is a Sharp aquos 42 in 1080p.  I'm connected from the 5200 to the
Sharp using a DVI to HDMI cable and I have XVMC active.  When watching
shows recorded from the HDHomerun, I used to get a little choppiness
every 10 mins or so. It seemed to be almost scheduler driven.  After I
upgraded my Linux distro to Mandriva 2008, the choppiness doesn't happen
anymore.  I'm not using any deinterlace options.  I think that version
of Mandriva switched to a different scheduler algorithm.  (I'm drawing a
blank at the moment).

Rick