[mythtv-users] FFW/REW stutters in Recordings - smooth in LiveTV

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:43:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 1:08 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Jonno wrote:
>
> > When I try to fast forward or rewind at > 3x while watching a
> > recording the quality is awful. In LiveTV mode everything is very
> > smooth. The content is exactly the same. What is the difference?
>
> Recording profiles?

Ahh, I see (from this http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-10.html
). When I get home I'll check what is set up currently.

Since LiveTV is working great (can't be a processor issue), what would
be the drawback of setting everything to record that way? Is it a
disk-space-saving thing?

When I say that LiveTV works great, the replay and fast-forwarding
does. I do have another problem when I change aspect ratio to
something other than 4:3 zoom or 16:9 zoom. Then I get horizontal line
distortion on fast-moving video. Think they are related?