[mythtv-users] Viewing encrypted DVB-S channels

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Fri Jan 11 19:36:44 UTC 2008

hi,

I' quite happy with the setup of my mythbox, but I was unable to see any
encrypted channel on my DVB-S card (nexus-s). And since all dutch
satellite channels are encrypted, this is a major issue and I decided to
get a CI interface an a CAM, to use with my official subscription smart
card.

To my surprise it does not work, I do not get to see the encrypted
channels (black screen).

I'm running mythtv 0.20.2 on Ubuntu 7.10
These are some relevant parts of log and dmesg files.

johan at phoenix:/var/log/mythtv$ dmesg |grep -i dvb
[   58.245472] saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
[   58.325342] DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV
Nexus-S rev2.X).
[   58.568247] dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
[   58.593833] dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018,
vid 71010068, app 80002622
[   58.593838] dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer
interface
[   58.749569] dvb-ttpci: adac type set to 0 @ card 0
[   59.141067] DVB: registering frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
[   59.141185] input: DVB on-card IR receiver as /class/input/input6
[   59.141213] dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.

relevant part of mythbackend log

CAM: ZCAS, 01, 02CA, 3000
ERROR: too many CA system IDs!
ERROR: too many CA system IDs!
ERROR: too many CA system IDs!
ERROR: too many CA system IDs!
ERROR: too many CA system IDs!

A search on Google revealed that this was once submitted as a bug, but
not considered a mythtv error.

However, this error also existed in VDR and LinVDR and there it was
resolved by a patch to ci.c or ci.h (googling shows both)

I can't find either file on my system. Am I missing a critical part of
Myth or is the solution for CAM's to work under Myth implemented in a
different manner ?

The windows confidence check shows no problems, I can see encrypted
channels

Johan