[mythtv-users] Channel Icons (yet again)

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jan 11 19:00:39 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> I haven't looked into the high-res icons, though (which someone
> reported didn't work).

I built my MythTV box in December 2005, just before the list started
talking about the Lyngsat icons. I've thus never experienced the new
method of grabbing and populating icons, and am not sure what
"high-res icons" refers to.

However, if it refers to Lyngsat's 133x99 icons, I *heartily*
recommend them for use in MythTV. I manually downloaded them, one by
one, from the Website using 'wget', then inserted them into the
database with Channel Editor (NB - its insistence on resorting
channels after *every* modification is incredibly maddening). They are
far, far superior to the 30x30 icons I got way back when. Conversely,
if "high-res" refers to some other, even higher-resolution, set of
icons, I don't see the point; any more detail is simply pointless
given the uses MythTV puts the icons to.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6