[mythtv-users] Live TV problem in multirec

Shane gnome42 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:43:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 3:09 AM, Johan <meerlin_88 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is a problem with both two live tv sessions and a live tv session +
> scheduled recording on the same channel.

I am looking but I am at a loss as to what might be causing this. :/

If you are looking into this the files are in libs/libmythtv/*

For frontend stuff:
tv_play.cpp, NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp

For backend multirec stuff:
dvbrecorder.cpp, dvbstreamhandler.cpp, libs/libmythtv/mpeg/*

tv_rec.cpp is the coordinator between the frontend and backend stuff.

Is this a regression for multirec? Has it ever worked for you?

My only theory at the moment is that when the second stream starts
somehow it can corrupt the first stream a bit and the frontend then
chokes when it gets to that part of the file.

If it is possible, perhaps you could make a short clip from the first
stream during the period when the second stream was started
available somewhere. Hopefully we can tell if the first stream
is being corrupted.

Shane