[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is powered ON? Re: SA3250HD is turning itself off?

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:42:22 UTC 2008

At least for my SA4250HD, I was able to modify the mythtv code slightly in
order to turn on the STB when it begins capturing and turn it off when the
stream stops.  For example, if I hit watch tv, myth will turn on my STB, and
tune the channel.  Switching channels does not toggle power.  When I quit
watching tv, myth will turn my STB off.  However, this does require a
firewire connection to the box.

There are certain codes that you can send over firewire to turn on/off the
SA STBs and even query their on/off state.  I think I found the codes from a
mailing list archive entry about the SA3250HD, but the same codes worked for
my SA4250HD (even though 4250HDs aren't even supposed to work at all in myth
right now, I believe).

I'm at work right now, so I don't have the details, but I can pass on the
relevant info once I get home.